Saying Something

     I think every blogger has written the sorry-I-haven't-written-lately post, in some fashion at least.  I've done it before.  I'll do it again.  I'm kind-of doing it now.

     When you commit to writing a blog, there's a certain expectation of regular offerings that breeds a certain guilt when those are not forthcoming.  I could make up a lot of chatter, a quick and mindless post of nothing. Still, I'd rather say something with these posts than merely fill a page.  So at times like these, it may get a little quiet.  Right now, there are big changes happening as I had hinted in my previous post.

     For one thing, I will be leaving the job I have loved for the last 12 years in order to start a new position at the library.  There will be new things to learn and new working hours.  But even before that, there is all the business of extracting myself from the department I headed, the one where I have personally built up procedures and tailored them to fit the way we do the job.  Who will take my place has yet to be determined, but with little time before the transition, I am busy trying to teach all the little "invisible" things I do to a few key employees.  At the same time, my annual reading and update of our written procedure manual has to come a little early.  Given that we've been adapting to frequent changes and some major aspects of our department are in flux, the rewrite will take some careful consideration.  Then, there are also associations and networking groups to contact about the change.  I've been coming home worn out, with barely enough brainpower to manage the comparatively short updates I might post on social media platforms like Google+ or Facebook.

     In addition to all this activity at the library, there are adjustments at home and projects we're trying to complete.  We're still planning our trip, and I'm slowly trying to study enough of the language to get through the usual transportation and lodging transactions.  As Spring is shyly approaching and the world is starting to thaw, winter damages are also revealed and repairs have become possible.  Things are busy.

     So, when life gets this way and it's hard to keep up with the creative side, I feel like I should say something.  Yet, I know it's not what you come here to read.  The question is- do I explain and pick it all up again when the turbulence is done, or do I just let you wonder.  Since this post exists, I guess you know which decision won out.

     The good thing about a post like this is that it reinforces the concept that we're all human.  All of us go through these chaotic spells, and we have to budget our energy in order to keep our balance.  I know this because I've read those sorry-I-haven't-written-lately posts from authors before.  I may be disappointed that a voice I enjoy is quiet a while, but I'm happy they're taking the time they need to recharge.

     A little patience.

     I may not know exactly when the skies will clear, but I know they will.  I can't go too long without writing something.  Keep visiting (there are plenty of old posts to explore), and I may be back sooner than you think.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Felt

Significance of Numbers

The Magic of Things